Some food for thought (and some more lazy blogging). Via Ariel Zellman’s blog I came across this little gem which can be found in Stuart Kaufman’s Modern Hatred: The Symbolic Politics of Ethnic War
A Beginner’s Guide to Ethnic Politics
1. If an area was ours for 500 years and yours for 50 years, it should belong to us – your are merely occupiers.
2. If an area was yours for 500 years and ours for 50 years, it should belong to us – borders must not be changed.
3. If an area belonged to us 500 years ago but never since then, it should belong to us – it is the Cradle of our Nation.
4. If a majority of our people live there, it must belong to us – they must enjoy the right of self-determination.
5. If a minority of our people live there, it must belong to us – they must be protected against your oppression.
6. All of the above rules apply to us but not to you.
7. Our dream of greatness is Historical Necessity, yours if Fascism.